Friday, March 28, 2008

The Wedding Planners Blog

I've mentioned the Wedding Planners blog that the six continuity authors (Shirley Jump, Myrna Mackenzie, me, Linda Goodnight, Susan Meier and Melissa James) set up. But I wanted to tell you that the blog has finally gone live. That is, we're posting and commenting regularly.

Dru's already stopped by. Thanks so much, Dru! I hope some of you will, too. Over the next six months or so, there will be blogs from the authors (including pictures from our weddings!) as well as our continuity characters, guest blogs (experts, romance authors, romance editors, brides, grooms), contests and a whole lot more.

Shirley Jump's book, Sweetheart Lost and Found, Book #1 of the Wedding Planners continuity series, is an April release. Yesterday, Shirley asked Kenneth Gloss, owner of Brattle Book Shop and guest on PBS' Antique Roadshow, to blog about collecting romance novels. It's a very interesting post and made me think about my own collecting.

I collect castles. I have pictures, miniatures, music boxes, cards. I have them in my office and they inspire my writing happily ever afters.

I also collect Department 56 New England Village lighted houses. Those come out at Christmas time.

As for books, I wouldn't say I'm a collector per se. I do have my keepers that include many of Nora Roberts' early Silhouettes as well as some of my other fave books.

Do you collect anything? Books or something else?