Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Reprieve

Well, I'm not quite sure reprieve is the correct word, but it's close enough to what I felt yesterday when I opened an email from my editor and she said I could have until June 16th (the date I'd requested) to write the new manuscript (working title: Unexpectedly Right.)

Fifteen days might not seem like that much extra time, but let me tell you, it's huge. Two weeks can make a total difference when it comes to extra time to polish, proof and read the manuscript aloud. Granted, I will probably be writing until the last minute, but you never know.

I really am going to try my friend Elizabeth's plan again. I'm trying to figure out what I need to schedule into the plan. Things like my son's upcoming first communion. A dinner for eight we'd donated to the church. Irish dance feis. Skiing. Climbing. You get the idea!

It's funny that writing deadlines cause so much trouble for me because I am normally a planner. I live by my organizer and schedules. But somehow when it comes to my writing, my planning goes well, astray. But this time it will be different. At least I hope so!

Do you use a planner, spreadsheet or PDA to keep track of things? What have you found works best for you?