Friday, March 07, 2008

A-Tisket, A-Tasket...

Here are my two auction baskets!

This one is called Romance and Chocolate, two of my fave things. The books are hardcover versions (sold to libraries in the UK) of Win, Lose or...Wed! and my upcoming June release, SOS Marry Me. I just received a few copies in the mail so the timing was perfect. I also autographed them. I didn't have time to get to Bernard C's in Lake Oswego so went with Moonstruck Chocolates instead. There is a box of their ice cream cones, 3 candy bars and a small box with 2 truffles. I also found the cutest container of fudge. It's called a fudge smoothie and comes with a tiny spoon inside.

The second one is an easter basket and it's huge. You can't tell the scale at all, but it was hard getting everything in there. This one was fun to put together. After stops at the Dollar Store, Walmart, Kohls, Michaels and Target, I had way more than I needed, but half the fun is tucking in little surprises people find when they remove the cellophane and start pulling out items. I won't go into everything there, but it has both Easter candy, stuffed animals, a craft and decorations for the house. I did find an adorable table runner that matches the ceramic bunny that's holding the pink stuffed bunny and one of the dish towels. I may have to buy those for myself. Or bid on my own basket. I'm sure hubby wouldn't be happy if I did that, but I always fill baskets with things I would want!

So after finishing the baskets, I got all of our tax things together for the CPA. I am getting so much done it's amazing. Waiting for that revision letter to arrive has been the best thing yet. It's still not here which means I don't know what to do this weekend. Keep getting stuff done or write. I just hate to write and then have them tell me I need big changes to my characters or something. I gave up time wasters for Lent, remember! But I hate to lose two more writing days in case there are only small changes to the synopsis. Decisions, decisions!

What are you doing today? Any big weekend plans?