Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Next up on the TBR pile...

funny cat pictures - Ai noes ai cant reed but gibs meh cwedit for habbing da buk rite side upz.
see more

Like the LOLcat above, I'll be reading Catching Fire next. It's Hunger Games 24/7 at my house or in the minivan or wherever my oldest will be so I figure I'd better get caught up with the entire series.

Not much to report here. The RITA calls went out yesterday. I entered, but wasn't expecting a call and didn't get one. I've entered every year since 2000 and only been a finalist once (last year). I know the odds! But I'm so psyched for my friends who are finalists. It's a special time and there's nothing like being treated like a princess at the national RWA conference! I hope every romance writer gets to experience that. Here is the list of the finalists from the Contemporary Series Romance category:
A Bravo Homecoming by Christine Rimmer (Harlequin Special Edition; Gail Chasan, editor)

Donovan's Child by Christine Rimmer (Harlequin Special Edition; Gail Chasan, editor)

Doukakis's Apprentice by Sarah Morgan (Harlequin Presents; Lucy Gilmour, editor)

How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart by Donna Alward (Harlequin Romance; Sally Williamson, editor)

I'll Catch You by Farrah Rochon (Harlequin Kimani Romance; Glenda Howard, editor)

A Mother's Homecoming by Tanya Michaels (Harlequin American Romance; Kathleen Scheibling, editor)

Rancher's Twins: Mom Needed by Barbara Hannay (Harlequin Romance; Meg Lewis, editor)

The Texan's Bride by Linda Warren (Harlequin Superromance; Kathleen Scheibling, editor)
I'll be in Anaheim at the RWA conference in July. I can't wait to see who wins!

Hope you have a nice Tuesday!