Monday, March 26, 2012

When mommy's away...

funny cat pictures - RUMBLE IN 5 MILLISECONDS
see more

...the cats will play!

I know this because occasionally the cats think I've left with everyone else, but I'm really upstairs. Yoda and Beauty will tear around the house with one goal in mind—total destruction of whatever they can find and knockover. Spirit meows, crying until she's certain I'm gone. Rocket will finally venture downstairs. Not sure exactly what he does, but one time I found him inside the china buffet.

And yes, we have come home to something like this...

funny cat pictures - Ai swares,  Da lamp jumped! It was depwessed wif its dark thawts.
see more

I had no idea that lamp depression was so rampant! We've lost two here.

On the writing side of things (yes, I'm not just a crazy cat lady I do write romance novels, too!), I have a new banner for my Facebook Books page...


Kimberly Killion at Hot Damn Designs! made the timeline banner for me. She's the same person who made my Romance Trading Cards (RTCs), too. I highly recommend her!

This is my day to volunteer at the kidlets' school. I'm there all day, but this time I get to do a little writing stuff. I'll be giving a talk in the morning to 7th and 8th graders about critiquing/peer review. In the afternoon, I'll get to see my youngest give her paper bag book report. I'm really looking forward to that.

I only hope the cats behave. Hubby works from home, but once he closes the door to his office, he might as well be gone. When he's traveling the door is closed, too, so the cats have realized a closed door means they can do whatever they want. I'm hoping when I return I'll find the cats sound asleep and nothing broken.

Have a great day!