Tuesday, January 30, 2007

One day to D-day

Monday Tally

New pages written: 0 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: lots
Pages of revisions typed in: lots
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: -5
Total page count to date: 217 (goal: 200) for sure closer to 215 now.
Days remaining until D-day: 1 days
Emails from editor in UK: 2 (she wanted to know about the ending since they are coming up with a new title, plus I told her three scenes that could be possible covers.)
Emails from agent in NY: 0 (but I got a phone call from her touching base as to where I am with projects and letting me know they received the contracts.)

Chocolate consumed: Nestle tollhouse semisweet chocolate chips
Junk food consumed: bubble gum
Exercise: Pilates session
Television watched: Heroes
Tears: A couple for Barbaro. Such a beautiful animal! I was so into horses when I was younger.
Link for the day: Check it out! This really put a smile on my face.

I managed to revise Chapter nine before Pilates class and rewrite chapters ten and eleven afterwards. I spent the rest of my day trying to tighten and cut pages from the entire manuscript.

I did take a break and enjoy Heroes tonight. Lots of questions arose from tonight's episode though.

The invisible man is very cool. I'm so glad Peter has someone to help him.

I was also happy to see Claire and Zack becoming friends again. She also needs someone to help her. Someone she can trust and rescue her from her strange father.

I am curious as to who Claire's biological father is. My initial guess is Nathan Petrelli. I'm only guessing due to his shirt. It looked like something the future congressman who flies would wear.

I'm wondering what's going to happen to Claire's dad. Did you think for one minute that Sylar was dead? I sure didn't. It's sort of like all those teenage girls in horror movies who either walk into scary looking houses or stay in them when the electricity goes out and they hear a strange noise. They get exactly what they deserve.

I'm wondering what power the cop's baby will have. Also, how does his wife know it's her husband's and not the other police officer she was sleeping with? I guess if the kid has no super power we'll know who the biological dad really is!

Biggest surprise of the evening next to Claire finding her mom was Hiro's father. Who is he? And what makes him so powerful?