Thursday, January 04, 2007

Almost!

New pages written: 5 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 129 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 27 days
Emails from editor in UK: 1 - see below
Emails from agent in NY: 1 - reply to my update on Book #3

Chocolate consumed: peppermint bark and ice cream
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none, but I got the number of a Pilates studio.
Television watched: none
Tears: none
Fun link for the day: Even non-Star Wars fans might like this one! Vegetable and fruit lovers for sure!

I almost made my page goal for Wednesday. A first so I'm calling the day a total success! Woeful Wednesday actually turned into wonderful Wednesday this morning when I received an email from my editor.

Right before Christmas, I sent her an idea for Book #3, the blind book they'd purchased along with Last Man on Earth. It was one of those ideas that just came and those kind are true gifts. The best part about this one is that my editor likes it. She actually called it a "cracking idea." I'm guessing (hoping) that means a good idea if you live in London. So I now know the story I'll be writing this summer. And it's a Christmas book, too!

Someone else I know got really good news too. Michelle Willingham sold two more historical romance novels to Harlequin! Yippee! Michelle and I have the same fabulous editor.