Monday, January 08, 2007

Three to go

New pages written: 15 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 0 but revised a lot on screen
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 150 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 23 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Chunk of chocolate
Junk food consumed: Cheesecake, wine, port after dinner on Saturday, Chips on Sunday
Exercise: Yes
Television watched: None
Tears: Yes, not book related. As expected, an uncle lost his battle with leukemia this weekend.
Fun link for the day: A blog I found discussing HEAs. The comments are interesting, too!

Not as many pages this weekend as I'd hoped, but I didn't want to skip the kidlets' swim meet on Saturday. I even brought my alphie so I could write in between their heats, but hubby had to work at the meet so I got Rose duty.

I'd hoped not to write on Sundays, but since I got little done on Saturday, I had no choice. I was so into the writing that around 3:30 pm, I realized hubby wasn't back with the kidlets even though he'd left at 10:30 am. (This is why I cannot write if I'm the only one home alone with the kids. I shut everything out and lose total track of time.) Worried, I called his cell. Turns out my mom had fixed them lunch and he was watching football with my dad. My sister and brother-in-law had shown up to watch the games, too.

He asked what I had for lunch. I said nothing. He asked if I had moved from the spot where he last saw me. I said yes. I'd taken a shower. I'd also had to get the phone. He told me to get something to eat and take a break. So I grabbed some chips (nothing else looked good) and went to Target to buy a pair of black sweat pants. Mine were looking pretty bad.

Unfortunately, I just can't go into Target for one thing. Tonight my impulse purchases consisted of two pairs of tights (both light brown, but one is fishnet style) to go with my brown Franco Sarto boots, Love Actually DVD, two T-shirts (white and hot pink), two sports bras and a new warm-up suit. At least most of those things were on sale.

I forced myself to walk past the book section without taking a peek. My TBR pile is about to fall over, but that's never stopped me before. This time, however, I had two good reasons--the deadline and the books I'll be judging for RWA's RITA contest will be here arriving soon. The RITA books have to be read before anything else.

But first I must finish the book. Three chapters (approx. 60 pages) left to write until I have a complete manuscript. That means I need to get writing. And I'll do that. Just as soon as I get back from my Pilates intro session! I sure hope it's not too hard.