Thursday, January 25, 2007

And we're off...

Wednesday's Pathetic Tally

New pages written: 5 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: But rewrote a scene and cut another one
Pages of revisions typed in: none
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: -5
Total page count to date: 206 (goal: 200) for sure closer to 215 now.
Days remaining until D-day: 6 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0 (contracts read, signed and to be mailed on way out)

Chocolate consumed: none (how sad is that!)
Junk food consumed: ice cream
Exercise: Pilates tape (broke down and bought one at class on Monday. Couldn't remember what to do at home.)
Television watched: A little of AI while I folded laundry and sorted socks
Tears: None!
Link for the day: Hiro's blog! This is a blog by Hiro, fan-favorite from NBC's Heroes.

Not as much writing as I'd liked, but it was Wednesday (plus trying to get ready for trip) so I knew not to expect a lot. I managed to get all the laundry done so now I can pack. I also asked for help on a hiking forum I belong to to come up with the locale for the final scene and got back a few really good suggestions! This was the final missing piece of research I needed. So yay! Now I just have to pick one.

Hubby came home from work a little before I had to leave to pickup Rose and surprised me with a new cell phone. It's very cute. Much smaller and lighter than my other one. Hot pink with iTunes and a camera.

I'm so excited to be heading to Bend today. Yes, I feel a bit guilty, but I will be working while I'm there. Just at night, not during the day. I should be able to blog, too. At least last year I could.

I bought myself a helmet. Back when I skied before kidlets, nobody really wore them but I want to set a good example for the kidlets. Plus it just seems like a good idea given some of the recent accidents I've read about. The helmet is pretty cool as far as helmets go. It has built-in speakers with a hook-up for your phone and iPod so you can listen to tunes on the lift ride. I probably won't use those features, but it was the helmet that fit the best so I bought it.

All these new toys! I still need to buy a camera on our way out of town. Thanks to everyone who posted review sites! Just wish they'd tell you exactly which one to buy! I've got a list though so hopefully it'll be an easy choice when I see them.

I wanted to mention something NaNoWriMo is doing for 2007. They've got a new challenge going called the year of doing big, fun, scary things together. We've got until October to accomplish at least one of them to get a certificate. Here's what I posted:

1) Finish NaNoWriMo 06 novel
2) Make all contractual deadlines (no extensions in 07!)
3) Conquer fear of heights - climb, skydive or something else vertically challenging
4) Participate in Script Frenzy in June
5) Finally hit the 50K mark of NaNoWriMo 07
6) Get back on skis this winter

I'll be checking off #6 on Friday! Do you have any big, fun, scary things you want to try to do in 2007? What are they?