Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Workout

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 14
Pages of revisions typed in: 14
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 156 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 24 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Another chunk of Toblerone
Junk food consumed: Tall non-fat vanilla steamer from Starbucks
Exercise: One hour of Pilates
Television watched: None
Tears: Yes, but friend-related, not writing-related.
Fun link for the day: For romance readers. A short story written by one of my fave Loveswept author's Debra Dixon.

I survived my first Pilates session yesterday. A little sore, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Most of the session was spent on the mechanics/technique, the how-to-do the various positions without hurting oneself. It's harder than it looks trying to get everything doing what it's suppose to: contract/release, inhale/exhale, head position, neck, etc. I felt like I should be taking notes. I did something called the Reformer machine, too. Cables provide resistance. I could really feel those exercises in my legs. My instructor even assigned homework to do before my next session on Thursday! I liked it enough that I scheduled five more sessions.

Last night, my six-year-old son received a call from a girl, who invited him over for a playdate. I guess they worked out all the details at school today and just needed to confirm with the moms. He's very excited. Of course, he didn't appreciate his older sister bursting out with the "…sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" song and teasing him about his "girlfriend." I don't even want to think about what it will be like when they actually start dating.

On the book front, it's coming along. They are in Seychelles. My shy heroine doesn't want to wear a bikini for the water challenge I still need to think up. I'm trying to figure out what the hero should tell her so she will wear it. A million dollar grand prize is at stake, and the other teams are nipping at their heels.

Any ideas on what he could say? Please post in the comment section, if you do. Thanks!

I'm visiting a friend this morning down in my old stomping ground in Lake Oswego and need to get going so I can be back in time to pick up the youngest kidlet from preschool. I'll write my pages during naptime and finish them up later tonight.

Have fun today!