Friday, January 05, 2007

Ready for the big push

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 135 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 26 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: peppermint bark
Junk food consumed: Vente non-fat vanilla steamer at Starbucks
Exercise: Yes! Total Body Toning Workout with hand weights. Short, but sweet!
Television watched: Exercise TV and the last 10 minutes of The Office. I forgot it was back on.
Tears: none
Fun link for the day: For romance writers and readers!

I managed pages each day this week, but not enough. I need to crank up the productivity and produce pages. Lots and lots of pages to keep the panic at bay. We've got a ski trip planned for the end of the month. Last year due to a sick kidlet, I didn't get to ski. I don't want to have to stay off the slopes this year again. Enough about the book...

I did it! I phoned the Pilates studio and will be taking a one-hour intro session on Monday morning. The time works perfectly with preschool, too. Even though that is my prime writing time, I need to do this for me.

I don't think I mentioned that the youngest kidlet woke up with a black eye on Wednesday. It's so nasty looking I screamed when I first saw it. Totally purple and swollen. My poor baby. We've been getting some funny looks from people when we're out. Even our priest asked her about it after morning Mass. I think she must have run into a door or the staircase railing when she went to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'm surprised she didn't scream her head off though. It looks like she must have hit hard.

I've been debating whether to take her to the doctor or not. I asked if her eye hurt. She said only when she touches it. Anybody want to guess what I said to her?