Monday, January 15, 2007

Playdates

This tally is for the entire weekend:

New pages written: 4 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 6 and 7 on screen
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +6
Total page count to date: 169 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 16 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0 (but my contracts arrived on Saturday)

Chocolate consumed: Slice of cake, Mint chocolate chip ice cream, two pieces of a Hershey's bar
Junk food consumed: None, unless you want to count a glass of Merlot on Sunday and a pint of Hefeweizen on Saturday.
Exercise: Danced
Television watched: A few minutes of the Seahawks-Bears playoff game
Tears: None.
Link for the day: The Husband Store Check out this funny from the talented Carly Phillips.

Not much to report except I wrote and wrote some more. I ended up with 10 additional pages between revised and new ones. YAY! And I even critiqued two chapters for my critique partner! A very productive day in the cave, but it's late and I am very tired.

I did learn something new during dinner from the kidlets.

Finn: Mommy, did you know that Will Turner has the same birthday as Rose.

Me: Really?

Hubby: Will Turner?

Me: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Hubby: Oh.

Mackenna: It's not Will Turner, but the actor who played him. His birthday is January 13th.

Rose: That's my birthday.

Me: Orlando Bloom.

Three blank stares from kidlets.

Me: He's the actor who played Will Turner.

Kidlets: Oh.

Rose: I want to have a playdate with him.

Me to myself: I would't mind one myself!

The dinner conversation got me thinking. If you could have a playdate with anyone, fictional character or real person, who would you choose?

Anyone want to guess who I would choose?