Sunday, December 26, 2010

First Day of Christmas

funny pictures - and the kitteh
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Hope you had fun yesterday! We enjoyed our day and are looking forward to celebrating the days of Christmas ahead of us.

We're Catholic which means the Christmas season just began and will last until the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord on January 9th. There are still presents under the tree which we've saved for Epiphany, January 6th.

Not that the kidlets didn't get enough already! Toys, a Wii game and Legos from Santa. We got each of the kids a hat and matching gloves, a couple of books, jammies, slipper socks and either a fleece jacket or fleece robe. We also picked something special for each one that we thought they would like: Mackenna got a wide hair iron/straightener, Finn got a digital drum kit and Rose got an electric guitar.

Hubby and I take the money we would spend on each other and use that to buy giving tree/adopt-a-family gifts for others. But I did get a cool case for my iPhone from Mackenna, the Blake Snyder Save the Cat revisited book I wanted from Finn, two pairs of comfy slipper socks from Rose and a gorgeous knit scarf from my mother in law. My godson, Nicholas, also sent me a book and a box of yummy chocolates.

What did you find under your tree or in your stocking this year?