Thursday, December 02, 2010

Help a Mountain Rescue Group

Those of you who have read my Hood Hamlet - Christmas Magic books know mountain rescue is near and dear to my heart. These men and women volunteer their time and skills to help others in need. It's not just climbers, but also hikers, snowshoers, skiers, snowboarders, mushroom pickers, the list goes on. They are real life heroes though they would be the first to disagree with that statement. (Trust me, I've had this discussion with several of them while researching my books!)

Bellingham Mountain Rescue in Washington state is selling 2011 calenders to raise money for their organization. Here's what one of the members has to say about their fundraiser:
For those looking for a Holiday gift as well as a way to support a good cause, please consider buying a 2011 Bellingham Mountain Rescue calendar.

The calendars are a limited edition and feature photos taken in and around Whatcom County by local photographers.

The proceeds directly support the efforts of the all volunteer Bellingham Mountain Rescue by providing us with funds for new equipment and training materials.
The calender is $15. If you want to order one, go to the BMRC website. You'll see a Paypal button where you can order.

I saw a proof of the calendar, and all I can say is it's gorgeous. If you want to see a preview, go here to the Cascade Climbers forum. Scroll down to the first post that has PREVIEW added to the header. You can download a preview of the twelve photographs used.

I'll be ordering my copies today!